Tomorrow, at the lovely hour of 6am, we will depart on a 6 hour train ride for a long weekend in Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia. Thursday, Friday and Sunday morning we will be in Helsinki and on Saturday we will take the ferry across the Gulf of Finland to Estonia.I really have no idea what we will be doing there in the large blocks of free time we have, but that is OK! Random fun in interesting, and quite friendly, places can be a very good thing.
Additionally I have never been to a country where I did not speak at least some of the local language, but I speak no words of Finnish and no Estonian. This is also the first time I will ever cross an international boarder by land and cross one by sea.
I am all packed and ready for a rather cold and rainy weekend. Unfortunately their weather is basically the same as what we have in St. Petersburg so no respite from the cold and rain/snow but I have gotten used to that by now.
But now off to bed, and a very early (and very dark) trip to the apply named Finland Station!
(As before I will keep good notes and take a lot of pictures to update my blog upon my return and post them on the days that the events actually occurred)
No comments:
Post a Comment