21 March 2011

The George Washington (Town and University)

After a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast we set off for another full day. I had an appointment with The George Washington University's Elliot School at 11am, so we spent some time at the White House Visitors Center. The visitors center was rather disappointing, though since it is being refurbished I suppose that is a legitimate excuse. All it really had was a few exhibits on first ladies, presidential families and some paintings of the past appearance of the White House.

After that we strolled down to Foggy Bottom to the very modern building that houses the Elliot School. In was quite impressed by the facility and program at the school and it is hard to argue with the location. It is in downtown DC only a short walk from the National Mall and the Elliot school is located literally across the street from the State Department.


After my admissions meeting we took a campus tour and both where quite impressed by the campus, program, atmosphere and location. I am going to be applying to The George Washington University for a masters program in the fall and I think I would be quite happy there.



We spent the balance of the day in the National Art Gallery and Sculpture Garden and walked around the Capitol building again. The setting sun provided perfect light for some stunning pictures of the magnificent marble buildings.




That night when we went out of the hotel for dinner we got another very interesting sight. The presidential helicopter (well at least one of them) was practicing landing on the White House lawn. We watched it take of, circle the Washington Monument and land 5 times and it was quite entertaining.


  

Tomorrow we have a late flight home, so there will be time for another museum and a final lap around the National Mall tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment