28 August 2010

Arrival in London Town

Arrive at airport 5:30pm GMT Aug 27th
Arrive at hotel 6:30 GMT

Current time 9:30 GMT

Got though customs and my luggage with little problems and got to the hotel after about an hour in country. It’s really cloudy and pouring rain here in London, but I guess that’s to be expected. Not that I have really been effected by the weather so far that is, airport is completely covered to the parking garage and I was pretty groggy during the drive to the hotel.

View From my Window
I am the last person from the group to arrive by about 6 hours. This had one positive side effect in that I have been given a single room for the London stay (since there are an odd number of male students). However I have only been able to meet a few of the people, including my future roommate, in our group so far, the mixer they had was breaking up as I arrived. I am sure this will change soon but for now I was just happy to find a people to go to dinner with. Food was quite good; meat pies are hard to beat.

On balance everything is going well, despite the few small setbacks so far, and I am very excited to tour London tomorrow and then on the St. Petersburg.

(Note: Post written at the time, posted when I had a reliable internet connection)

No comments:

Post a Comment